Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Cheese Stands Alone

Our first Polish creation has been created:  Farmer's Cheese.  It's a mild, white, spreadable cheese sort of like a cross between ricotta and cream cheese.  Rather than buy it at the store, Angel decided to make it.  She used a recipe from Allrecipes.com and modified it a bit.  She took two passes at the recipe.  The first batch scorched.

So, Angel gave it another shot.  She says,

"I added 1/4 cup lemon juice the first time plus an additional 1/4 cup lemon juice the second time. I don't know if I needed the added lemon juice the second time - but I have like 1 1/2 pounds of the farmer's cheese. It is pretty bland - but it is supposed to be for what I am using it for. I know a lot of people add garlic/herbs to it to make it more of a spreading cheese - that would be really good. Tastes like ricotta to me - and it is so easy to make. I don't think I am ever going to buy ricotta cheese again!"

Happy to say, the 2nd batch was the winner!  We now have cheese to put in pierogi and so on.  Angel plans to make another batch tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment